The month of June saw the strongest number of recordings in many months. The number of sales in June exceeded every month before it all the way back to July, 2013. The 1,007 deeds recorded in June, 2015 brought the total sales volume for the first six months of 2015 to 3,903. After the difficult winter earlier this year, there was a lot of catching up to do. It seems that this pace will continue though the rest of the summer.
If you look at our Register's Reports through the second quarter of 2015 (April, May and June) the Plymouth County Real Estate market was gathering momentum culminating with a big rush at the end of June, the end of our fiscal year.
Mortgage volume through the first six months of 2015 also significantly increased. The 10,302 mortgages recorded through June was 38% higher than last year at this time. Many people who refinanced their current mortgages took advantage of historically low interest rates.
While bumps in foreclosure deeds and foreclosure notices through June is a cause for concern, the $1.39 billion in real estate sales in the first half of the year was a very good start.
Recent blog posts
- Registry Closed Monday April 17, 2017 Patriot's Day
- Linked Search Now Back To 1900
- SALES & MORTGAGES ARE UP MIDWAY TROUGH 2016
- FIRST HALF OF 2015 CLOSES STRONG
- END OF FIRST QUARTER OF 2015 BRINGS MIXED RESULTS
- APPROACHING END OF 2014 WITH SALES INCREASED
- TRANSITION TO FALL BRINGS MOSTLY GOOD NEWS
- SALES VOLUME AND REFINANCE ACTIVITY STRONG
- 2014 Sales Strong Through June
- Plymouth County Real Estate Market Remains Active In May