Monthly Register's Report

-A A +A

For more information, please contact Lorna Green-Baker at Register Buckley’s office (508) 830-9298

 

JOHN R. BUCKLEY, JR., REGISTER OF DEEDS

PLYMOUTH COUNTY REAL ESTATE ACTIVITY FOR

JULY 2017

 

OVERALL A GOOD BEGINNING TO THE SUMMER MARKET

            “Like last summer sales have been good in Plymouth County”, reported Register of Deeds John R. Buckley, Jr.  There were 1,013 sales in the month of July, compared to 1,028 last July, a slight drop of 3%.  The total number of sales thus far this year, 6,008, maintains a 2% increase over the 5,867 sales through July, 2016.  The average sales price of the properties sold in Plymouth County this year is $386,337, compared to $366,898 at this time last year.  This represents a 5% increase.

             The 2017 mortgage numbers are falling behind the 2016 mortgage numbers.  Plymouth County recorded 1,749 mortgages this July compared to 2,008 mortgages recorded last July.  This represents a 13% decrease in the number of mortgages recorded in Plymouth County.  Year to date numbers show a 9% decline.  Through the end of July, Plymouth County recorded 11,717 mortgages compared to the 12,814 mortgages recorded through this time last year.  “The decrease in the mortgage activity is likely related to increasing interest rates, low inventory, and fewer refinances,” commented Register John R. Buckley, Jr. 

             The foreclosure news continues to be good.  In July Plymouth County recorded 47 foreclosure deeds, compared to 59 foreclosures deeds recorded last July. This represents a healthy 20% decrease.  Through the first seven (7) months of the year, Plymouth County recorded 382 foreclosure deeds, representing an 8% decrease from the 413 foreclosure deeds that were recorded at the seven (7) month mark in 2016.    

             Plymouth County recorded 65 notices initiating new potential foreclosures in July, bringing the total for the year to 555.  Last year at this time 726 notices had been recorded.  “The 24% decrease in recordings of notices to foreclose is great news for Plymouth County”, said Register Buckley. 

            As part of our ongoing effort to share with the public some of America’s earliest records, on Thursday, August 31st,  from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, the Registry will display the original Plymouth Colony deed from Massasoit and Wamsutta for the land that became the Town of Dartmouth, now of Bristol County.  Plymouth Colony extended far beyond the current boundaries of Plymouth County.  On November 29, 1652, the two sachems sold approximately 3,200 acres of land to William Bradford, Captain Myles Standish, and others in consideration of “… thirty yards of cloth, eight moose skins, fifteen axes, fifteen hoes, fifteen paire of breeches, eight blankets, two kittles, one cloacke, two English Pounds of Wampam, eight paire of stockens, eight paire of shoose one Iron pott, and ten shilling….” See Deeds, Volume II (1), pg. 109.  The Plymouth Colony Records, Storage and Reading Room is located on the second floor of the Plymouth County Registry building at 50 Obery Street, Plymouth.  Call Lorna Green-Baker at (508) 830-9290 for further information.   

             If you would like to receive a copy of our monthly report by e-mail, please contact Assistant Register of Deeds Timothy H. White at white@plymouthdeeds.org.

 

REAL ESTATE ACTIVITY THROUGH JULY 2017

COMPARED TO THE SAME PERIOD IN 2016

 

All figures are based on sales or mortgages between $25,000.00 and $3,000,000.

 

2017 sales volume: 6,008

2016 sales volume: 5,867

(2% increase)

 

2017 total sales value: $2,321,110,060

2016 total sales value: $2,152,589,392

(8% increase)

 

2017 average sales price: $386,337

2016 average sales price: $366,898

(5% increase)

 

2017 mortgage volume:  11,717

2016 mortgage volume:  12,814

(9% decrease)

 

2017 average mortgage amount: $279,435

2016 average mortgage amount: $270,586

(3% increase)

 

2017 foreclosure deeds: 382 

2016 foreclosure deeds: 413

(8% decrease)

 

2017 foreclosure notices:  555

2016 foreclosure notices:  726

(24% decrease)

 

 

Foreclosures and Orders of Notice

 July 2017

Town

Foreclosure Deeds

Orders of Notice

ABINGTON

1

3

BRIDGEWATER

1

1

BROCKTON

10

13

CARVER

1

2

DUXBURY

0

1

EAST BRIDGEWATER

0

5

HALIFAX

0

2

HANOVER

0

0

HANSON

2

0

HINGHAM

1

0

HULL

2

2

KINGSTON

1

1

LAKEVILLE

2

2

MARION

0

1

MARSHFIELD

1

3

MATTAPOISETT

0

2

MIDDLEBORO

5

4

NORWELL

1

0

PEMBROKE

0

3

PLYMOUTH

8

8

PLYMPTON

0

0

ROCHESTER

0

1

ROCKLAND

3

3

SCITUATE

1

1

WAREHAM

5

4

WEST BRIDGEWATER

0

0

WHITMAN

2

3

Syndicate content