Plymouth County Real Estate Market Remains Active In May
Our Register's Report for May, 2014 is showing a modest but steady increase in sales activity and few foreclosure filings which is good news for the Plymouth County real estate market. The 2% increase in sales so far this year combined with a 9% increase in average sales value is also positive information.
Only 18 foreclosure deeds were recorded in May, the lowest number in many years. Foreclosure notices, a step in the process to a final foreclosure deed when a lender takes back title from an owner, are down 45% as compared to the first five months of 2013.
Mortgage refinances continue to be slow. The numbers show a 48% decrease in mortgage filings year to date.
Please go the the Register's Report section of our Home Page to see additional information and previous monthly reports.
Recent blog posts
- Linked Search Now Back To 1900
- SALES & MORTGAGES ARE UP MIDWAY TROUGH 2016
- FIRST HALF OF 2015 CLOSES STRONG
- END OF FIRST QUARTER OF 2015 BRINGS MIXED RESULTS
- APPROACHING END OF 2014 WITH SALES INCREASED
- TRANSITION TO FALL BRINGS MOSTLY GOOD NEWS
- SALES VOLUME AND REFINANCE ACTIVITY STRONG
- 2014 Sales Strong Through June
- Plymouth County Real Estate Market Remains Active In May
- Sales Continue To Show Modest Improvements In April